It has been a while since I have last shown what my students are working on in my classroom. So I thought I would show off the latest art assignment my 8th graders have been working on. I have to admit this has been my most challenging 8th grade group in the 8 years I have been teaching, and they LOVE this assignment (go me!). It is very difficult sometimes to get the students engaged in the work, get excited to be productive in class---and then proud of the finished results. I have had more students wanting to take home this assignment, and show it off to their friends then I have seen in the past. A great feeling for me, and for them!
Students were to choose an artwork done my a master artist (Van Gogh, Andy Warhol, etc...) and then "re-create" that artwork using duck(t) tape as their medium. Throw in an x-acto knife and my 8th graders have been good to go for the past month (or two)....no small feat being that Christmas has been lurking around the corner.....
Keith Haring inspired
Andy Warhol's "Flowers"
Andy Warhol's "Mickey"
Robert Indiana's "Love"
Jasper John's "The figure 5"
No comments:
Post a Comment