Friday, August 17, 2012

366 Days of Pinterest Project

366 Days of Pinterest

I decided to take the challenge!!  I love this blog and have been inspired to work on some of my pinterest pins :-)

For 5th anniversary the traditional gift is "wood"....I had this pin http://pinterest.com/pin/215046950926453621/
 on my sewing board for a while and thought I would try out this sewing project.
**The key to this project is the foot you use on your sewing machine**
You have to use a free motion foot (which my sewing machine can't use--so I had to borrow my mom's sewing machine for a couple of weeks)

It was a difficult process and in the middle of creating the one for our anniversary I started a completely new one for my good friends who are getting married in September (our anniversary one is still sitting on my craft table)..

My goal for the end of the summer is to finish the quilt for our family :-)
But in the mean time, here is the quilt I made for Lauren's wedding.....She LOVED it!




The happy bride to be!